Ottawa, Ontario - Full-time
Once a caterpillar, we are in the midst of an incredible metamorphosis and are currently a pupa. We need someone to assist us in completing the process of becoming a butterfly and spreading our wings.
As I’m sure you have surmised, IMI operates and is a leading provider of labour solutions and workforce management in the material handling sector. Our main goal is to provide hard-working individuals with great jobs for some of the most progressive material handling companies in the world – if you can think of a company we’ve probably worked with them.
Where the butterfly meta(mor)phor (see what I did there?) comes from, is the transition the organization is currently implementing as it relates to software development. Specifically, in the realm of HR management and automation solutions. Our crack squad of developers have created an AI named Rhonda – she’s cool. She’s also about to completely disrupt the entire industry…
Still interested? Read on…
As IMI continues to grow and prosper, so too does it begin to attract more interest from the outside world (it’s warm in this cocoon and scary outside). We need an organized, motivated, and generally-sane individual to join our ranks and assist with the general day-to-day going-ons within our Ottawa office.
Specifically:• Promote company social branding and work on social network visibility
• Implement and improve HR policies and practices to meet our unique needs and comply with legal requirements
• Direct development and maintenance of human resource information systems such as vacation and personal days tracking
• Provide guidelines and oversee the following HR activities:
- performance reviews
- benefits programs
- conflict resolution
• prepare paperwork and facilitate the immigration process for qualifying employees and candidates
• Respond to all inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs within the company
• Assist the management team in assessing compensation and benefits levels
• Assume responsibility for organizing regular corporate and social events
Do you possess:• The energy and self-motivation to implement change?
• A University degree in a related field?
• A minimum of three years HR working experience in a software tech company, including extensive hands-on hiring experience?
• A demonstrated competence in recruitment, employee relations, workforce planning, performance, management, conflict resolution and leadership development?
• Exceptional writing skills and ability to write effective HR-related materials, including job posts, guides for new and prospective employees, policy booklets?
• A CPHR designation or current enrolment in studies leading toward a CPHR designation
If you’re expecting some form of compensation... We offer that as well:• Competitive Base Salary
• Full Benefits Package
• Casual Dress Code
• Social Events
• Annual opportunity to throw pies at your manager’s face.
IMI - A global people company
Suit 100 495 Richmond rd.
Ottawa Ontario, Canada